Nine Bridge Media Ltd
Xarkis Festival 2019 moves to the cool Polystipos, a mountainous village in the district of Nicosia. For another year round, in the context of the Festival an Artists’ Residency program is realized as well as an entertaining program of initiatives which will be open towards the public.
The 7th consecutive cultural Xarkis Festival 2019 will take place in the 16th, 17th and 18th of August and will showcase the results of our Artists’ Residency program which will have begun from the 11th of August, alongside a series of additional activities over the course of three days.
What we offer:
– An international cultural experience with over 30 initiatives
– 1 ziafettin with the improvisation + interaction of 8 musicians
– 5 hands on workshops
– 5 performances around the village
– 2 film screenings
– 3 spatial installations
– 1 exhibition
– 1 concert with 6 music acts
– 3 neo traditional games
– 2 walks, including audio walks
– 3 talks + presentations
– A pop up coffee shop + picnic
– A participatory, interactive program of events
– An immersive experience of a local village
– A range of food + drink + delicacy options
– Community engagement
– Activities for people of all ages + backgrounds
– Promotion of local culture + global networks
– An extended conversation on borders
– Collaborations on global issues in relation to borders
– Camping + accommodation options
– Rejuvenation of local businesses
– Awareness about elements of heritage
– Unlimited hugs and love
In Xarkis’ 2018 Artists’ Residency program and Festival edition, we focused on the themes of “bottom-up heritage”, “symbiosis” and “hybridity”. Starting from these ideas in combination with the meaning of the word Xarkis, which implies to start all over again and to reset our defaults, for this year we have put together a Festival program which questions, disrupts and re-evaluates the theme of Borders.
At LoveCyprus.com.cy our aim is to promote Cyprus and share with you information about events, places you can visit, things you can do like hiking, golf, scuba diving, and a lot more of great activities. We gathered for you helpful information on discovering the cultural heritage of Cyprus, taking a dive in local history, explore the natural beauties of the island and a lot more.
Contact us: [email protected]