Exercising and getting fit is not just about running on a treadmill for hours in your local gym, it can be a dance class or a new hobby like fencing or mountain biking. It could be a group or team activity like football, cycling, jogging and even walking.
Exercise involves any movement that makes your muscles work and requires your body to burn calories. However, for those of you just starting out, it is very important to have a gentle start and progress your exercise time gradually to avoid injuries and let exercise grown on you.
Here are 10 good reasons why you should start exercising today:
- First and most importantly, it increases your overall health and well-being.
- Helps you get in better physical shape and get the desired body you’ve always wanted.
- Decreases risk of developing chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, heart diseases and osteoporosis.
- Improves your immune system and keeps you from getting down with flu, pneumonia etc.
- Helps fight chronic fatigue and depression because while exercising the body releases endorphin which gives you a “euphoric” feeling.
- Helps to keep you sane, balanced and decreases stress levels!
- Improves muscle mass as well as aerobic capacity (endurance).
- Improves your quality of sleep and relaxation time.
- Increases your energy levels so you can enjoy other activities with your family in nature.
- Exercise improves the quality of your skin and overall body appearance!
The above are some excellent reasons why you should exercise 3-5 days per week 45-60mins per day.
Always consult your physician that you are in good health to exercise and also get some proper advice from a fitness professional in order to exercise for the correct and safe way!