Very tasty, sweet pies,prepared without oil, tahini pies are usually prepared and consumed during times of strict fasting.
For the dough:
1 kg flour
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp soda
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
Water for kneading
For the filling:
1 cup tahini
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Carob honey (optional)
- For the dough we mix all the ingredients together. We do the same with the filling.
- Cut some dough and form small balls, and use the rolling pin to make round pies.
- Put in a spoonful of stuffing, close from the top, roll over while twisting it a little.
- Then wrap one end of the roll inwards to the center.
- We do the same with the other end of the roll, but in the opposite direction, that is, it becomes like a sideways “S” (sigma). Fold one side of the sigma over the other and open it a little further.
- When finished, put them in an oiled baking sheet and leave for about 1 hour in a warm place.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Note: The baking sheets are oiled and sprinkled with sugar. When we put the tahini pies, let them sweat and inflate, sprinkle them with sugar and turn them over again.